July 19: Where’s the sun?

Jonathan Carr
By Jonathan Carr July 19, 2014 12:31

July 19: Where’s the sun?

The combination of high pressure to our north, high pressure near Bermuda, and a weak surface low pressure system forming off the SE US are resulting in onshore flow. This should persist today and into tomorrow which 9 times out of 10 results in overcast skies. The sun should still poke through from time to time so send in some ray shots if you got em. You can upload them right to WeatherNJ.com. Despite there being more clouds than sun, today will still be mostly dry and pleasant. You can tell, however, that the humidity wants to return.

I’m still maintaining a 25% chance of weak low pressure sending precipitation into the shore tomorrow morning-afternoon. This could possibly mean light rain for coastal/SENJ but only from a rogue outer rain band. The low itself will be well out to sea. That leaves a 75% chance of more cool and dry July weather with a mixed bag of sun and clouds. This little system was a hard call. A dry, overcast, but pleasant day is most likely but the possibility has to be mentioned. By the end of tomorrow we should return to a southerly flow which will start cranking up the humidity for next week. I’ll have a fully detailed Monday-Friday outlook posted tomorrow evening. Be safe! JC

Comments

comments

Jonathan Carr
By Jonathan Carr July 19, 2014 12:31

Current Weather in NJ

giweather wordpress widget