Winter Weather Alert Service
Tailored for those who want early warnings for any significant weather system moving into their specific county during winter only, from November 1st through March 31st, or last snowfall. For a one-time charge of $24.99, the Winter Weather Alert option provides advanced notice of:
- Winter Storms – Up to 5 days’ notice with continuous 24 hour updates until storm passes
- Light snow (less than 3″) – 2-3 days’ notice with continuous 24 hour updates until storm passes
- Heavy Rain – Up to 2 days’ notice of rain totaling over .50” within a 12 hour period
- Ice Conditions – Any threat of ice
- Snow Consistency – Wet vs. dry/powdery
- Specific timing for your area, including start/end times, and changeover times to other forms of precip, if applicable
- Wind – 1 day notice for wind gusts 40mph or greater
All that you need: A cell phone that is capable of receiving text messages. This service is not for landline phones or email.
These text alerts will start immediately from the time of sign-up, and carry for the entire winter, with just one 1-time payment, and NO recurring charges. If you often commute across county borders for work, and would like to monitor two counties instead of just one for the Winter months only, select the second button above to order. Everything works the same as the one county alerts otherwise, all for just one payment of $34.99!